Evaluation of (paper and board) packaging waste
The world is facing an increasing share of packaging waste as a result of the growth of the packaging market. In the period 2018-2023, the packaging market is expected to grow by as much as 1.9% annually, which is more than the total market growth over the previous five-year period.
Increased care for the environment and adherence to the sustainable management guidelines requires a great deal of attention to be paid to waste materials and packaging waste. The evaluation of the packaging must be carried out throughout its entire life cycle, including the final verification of the packaging as waste. In accordance with Article 5 of the Decree on Packaging and Packaging Waste Management (Official Journal RS, Nos. 18/14 and 57/15), it is necessary to provide an adequate Declaration of Compliance on the management of packaging and packaging waste.
We assist you in the preparation of the Declaration of Compliance in accordance with the requirements of SIST EN 13427. The certificate of compliance will contain a report with the following parameters:
Production and composition of packaging:
- Prevention with reduction at source (SIST EN 13428)
- Requirements for the measurement and certification of four heavy metals in packaging (SIST CR 13695-1)
- Requirements for the measurement and verification of dangerous substances in packaging (SIST - TP CEN / TR 13695-2)
Reuse (SIST EN 13429)
- Composting and biodegradation (SIST EN 13432)
In addition, we advise you on the assessment of the adequacy of packaging waste for composting, heat treatment or disposal, make an assessment of recyclability and deincability, and advise on the use of renewable additives in the material or packaging process. We also evaluate the environmental impact and advise on measures to reduce environmental impact.
Key benefits for customers:
- Certificate of compliance by an independent institution
- Accredited Laboratory (ISO 17015)
- Superior knowledge of paper and cardboard materials
- Flexibility, responsiveness, professionalism
- Manufacturers of packaging materials
- Manufacturers of packaging
- Importers of packaged goods
- Traders, who put packaged goods to the market
- Packaging designers
- Packaging developers in companies