Pulp and Paper Engineers and Technicians Association
The Association was founded in 1971 on the initiative of Prof Božo Iglič. Its members are technicians and engineers employed in the Slovene paper industry. The current President of DITP is Mr Marko Jagodič, Managing Director of Papirnica Vevče d.o.o.
The Association operates in the following areas:
- It organizes the annual International Symposium, traditionally in November in Bled. Owing to its high professional level the Symposium has gained high reputation and recognition throughout Central Europe.
- Together with the Pulp and Paper Institute and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry it publishes the professional magazine PAPIR twice a year. The magazine features various technical articles and covers current events and other interesting topics concerning the paper industry.
- Each year, the Association organizes visits for its members to paper and board mills (mainly in Europe) in order to provide additional information and give an opportunity for further education to the technical staff in Slovene paper mills.
DITP is managed by:
- Management Committee has a president, elected every four years together with the members of UO that are delegated from all paper mills. UO meets several times a year.
- General Assembly that meets as required.